We cannot prevent a tsunami...
but we can be prepared for it.
Know What To Do
- If possible, stay tuned to a radio or television to get the latest emergency information.
- Help injured or trapped people and call for help if necessary.
- Open windows and doors to help dry buildings.
- Remove mud while it is still moist to give walls and floors an opportunity to dry.
- Check food supply and test drinking water. Fresh food that has come in contact with flood water may be contaminated and should be discarded.
- Check for damage to sewer and water lines.
Know How To Help Others
The more you know, the more likely you will be able to take lifesaving action.
Please share what you learn; knowing the right information may save your life and the lives of those you love. So let’s all educate our friends, our families, and ourselves.
For more information:
Check our resources in the Media Centre.